Embrel Anyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rocxy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rocxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Embrel Anyone
    Posted: 04 October 2006 at 11:16am

Dr. wants to start Embrel soon.  I really need some feed back and encouragement if any out there.

rocxy
clara View Drop Down

Quote clara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 8:21am
I was on Embrel for 5 1/2 months, I was so nervous about doing the injections myself. I did the injectons each week and did not feel any better! I kept saying: I want to be like the people on tv! You know-washing the car, laughing! Anyway my Dr took me off yesterday as the sed rate is up and and becuse of the anemia. I think you should try it, it surely helps a lot of people. I would only suggest not to wait more than 3 mos, if no better then stop. My Dr wants me now on Orencia-and I am trying to get some info on that. Good Luck!
Lynk View Drop Down

Quote Lynk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 2:46am

After ten plus years of nothing working Enbrel was a godsend. It worked wonders, truely. I was terrified of injecting myself. My first injection was by accident! 

I decided first thing in the morning - before I allowed myself to do anything else - I would give myself the enbrel. So I sat there, in my bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror, thinking, "Go! Do it already you big chicken! You can't stay in here all day!". And when I looked back down, lo and behold! The needle was in, without me even knowing it! (It helps if, like me, your thighs have the consistancy of jello pudding!)

Alas, five years later, enbrel has run out of gas for me. I've started Humira. In a couple of years from now I might try enbrel again tho.

mags View Drop Down

Quote mags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2006 at 4:58pm

I have been using embrel for a year now and it has made an great difference. The pain is so much less and I am knitting again after 10 years. When I get a chest infection I have to get antibiotics and come off the embrel. Embrel reduces your immune system.

There are lots of side effects with embrel ie you could have problems with kidneys, lung and liver function but if your quality of life is really bad then go for it, I did and no side effects yet.

innie24 View Drop Down

Quote innie24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2006 at 8:12pm
Hi!  I've been on Enbrel for over 2 years and I absolutely love it and thank God for it.  It has helped me the MOST out of any therapy for my psoriatic arthritis.  My life is so much better now.  It's almost like I don't even have the disease.  I would highly recommend it.  As far as giving myself the shots, it doesn't bother me a bit because I'm a nurse and have been giving shots for years.  It's a piece of cake for me.  The thing is, if you are going to get the 50 mg injections, there are some things you HAVE to do to ease the injections.  I always take my syringe out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before I give it so that it comes to room temperature.  I also use an ice cube wrapped in foil to numb the site I'm injecting to ease the pain.  Then, I make sure my skin is completely dry of the alcohol before I inject myself, otherwise it really stings.  Plus, inject slowly.  If you do those things, you won't have many problems with the shots.  Sometimes my husband would give me my shots, and that works well too.  But, good luck and I hope you decide to try it.  I am actually thinking about switching to Humira injections now because my arthritis is getting worse.  I saw a new doctor this week and she is recommending it.  But, I have been very pleased with the Enbrel and my life is better because of it!
Lynn
Hdztribe1 View Drop Down

Quote Hdztribe1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 10:45am

Hi! I have Reumotoid arthritis I am taking the embrel shots,predison,syrtec and plaquil pills. I have a question I am having a real bad ishing all over my body . The doctor first told me it could been the Humera shots so he took me off humera and started me on embrel. I still have the ishing and even with creams and lotions it won't go away. I am taking syrtec for the ishing but still it ishes does any body have the same symtoms.Cry

Edited by Hdztribe1
hdz
BeckyLou View Drop Down

Quote BeckyLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 3:39am
I've been on the 50 mg dose of Embrel now for 5-6 weeks, it's working good! EXCEPT I have constant chills, it was 86* here yesterday, wore both a T shirt and a sweatshirt all day. And I now have a peeling/scally, crusty painful patch on the outer shell of my ear, just the right one.  It kinda feels like psoriasis is described. Any ideas? I don't see RA until JuneConfused I have been on Arava for over 2 years along with Prednisone 10 mg daily maintainence dosage.
 Post Reply Post Reply