Arthritis Insight Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Minocycline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LinB View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 7:23pm
You might do well since it appears that you have mild RA (is there such a thing?)  I know on the days you hurt it doesn't seem mild.  AP is prescribed for mild RA and appears to work for some.  I started AP but I had a severe onset of RA and really wasn't a good risk for AP, but I was insistent and my RD gave in.  I stayed on it for over 6 months and developed some severe damage because of my stubborness.  My RD added MXT and then I went on to MXT and a biologic and had my first day of relief in 2 years.  Don't let anyone tell you that you should just bite the bullet and work through the herxs (flares) because if you work through too many of them you'll end up with damage.  Also, AP seems to work better for people who have a certain type of RA - forgot the term....someone help me out here.  It's an intermittent type of RA that can be silent for many years and then flare.  Damage isn't done on nearly the same level as regular RA.  Whatever you decide to try I hope you have success.  Lindy
We are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we are so deeply interconnected with one another. Ram Dass

RA,Psa,OA

watchingwolf View Drop Down

Quote watchingwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 10:47pm
Hello To One And All reading this post! Been a long while since I've checked the board. Not because you all haven't been in my thoughts and prayers but because of a severe health crisis in my immediate family. The crisis is now in the past and Life Is Wonderful!

Anyway I was dxd with moderate to severe RA about nine years ago. Without checking records I know I can safely say it's been at least eighteen months since I completed a regimen of minocycline. Two rheumies wouldn't agree to me trying it so being the persistent person I am my gp finally consented to trying it, with conditions.  Conditions were: regular labs; keep in contact with my gp if my tummy or anything else became a problem; and within six months obvious improvement in my health in regard to my RA. No problems encountered with my tummy and my RA was like almost not an issue. After three months more of minocycline I consented to a full MRI with contrast and the results were fantastic. Still deal with OA from time to time in my knees but it's totally manageable.

Becky78 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Becky78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 3:47pm
I was diagnosed with severe RA in 2004.  I been on namebrand Minocin since 2005 and although it took two years for total remission (no pain), I am still in remission.  I have my blood still tested every 6 months for signs of inflamation and all the labs are great.

It was a lot of two steps forward, one back to begin with but slowly I saw improvement.  The only complaint I have is that I have blue discoloration on my legs due to the Minocin. I guess it's a small price to pay.

Good luck!!

Becky
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12