Chloroquine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vee View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chloroquine
    Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:06am
Just wondering if anyone here has taken Chloroquine for Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis? I just started this drug. I hope it works! Plaquenil worked for me, but I had an allergic reaction after taking it for six months. Plaquenil and chloroquine are similar, but the Rheumy thinks I will have a better chance of not developing an allergic reaction w/the Chloroquine. EOA doesn't appear to be very common. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,
V
OA, Fibromyalgia, Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis, Asthma, High BP, DDD, Bulging Discs, High Cholesterol and Low Vitamin D Meds: Tramadol, Soma, Lipitor, High BP meds, Advair, Vitamin D
karen-b View Drop Down

Quote karen-b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 6:47am
Hi Vee,
you can check this study about the use of hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of erosive osteoarthritis: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7473478
Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are related drugs, but hydroxychloroquine differs from chloroquine by the presence of a hydroxyl group at the end of the side chain.
milly View Drop Down

Quote milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 6:53pm
I used to take chloriquin phosphate for RA and I loved it. I had good results and no side effects. As with just about anything I take for an extended period of time I eventually many months down the road developed a rash on my arm.

Good luck I hope you see good results and do not become allergic to it. I am one of those super sensitive to medicine types so hundreds of things tend to set me off.

Edited by milly - 12 September 2011 at 6:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply