Arthritis Insight Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tempurpedic bed, slippers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheLa View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 3:13pm
I HATED those slippers.  The lack of support was the main problem.  The other thing was that after they were on for a little while they were mushed flat.  They recover after taking them off, but while wearing them they are useless.

Now I do love my UGG slippers.  Well worth the money.  I'd have to look up the style, they have several. La
RF-173 CCP-181 - plaquinel,MTX,folic acid,Levoxyl
sTinkerBell View Drop Down

Quote sTinkerBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 2:03pm

ohhhhhhhh water bed. We had one in our early years of marriage. I went through my first pregnancy sleeping in one. I loved it. But then that was SO long ago. Sigh...

The warmth would be nice. Getting up in the morning , problematic
micheleb View Drop Down

Quote micheleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:57pm
Its been a LONG time since I have been on a water bed!  LOL!  I would wonder though if they would make you sleep hot as well though.  You have to keep the water inside heated and if you turn the water temp down too much the cold can cause more stiffness.
sarcoidosis, neuropathy, fibro, tmj, migraines, costo, multiple muscle con strictures, adrenal exhaustion and repeated miscarriages. Prolonged QT, DVT's, two PE's
waddie View Drop Down

Quote waddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:55pm
I am in the market for a mattress too.  I wondered about the tempurpedic and the like but when I heard about the whole "body heat" thing, no, no, no.  I sleep sooo hot, it would be like being in an oven!  I sleep with a fan blowing on me in the dead of winter!  Thanks to all for the info, does anyone know about or have a water bed - one of the newer ones with baffles?
sTinkerBell View Drop Down

Quote sTinkerBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:52pm

Well that clears it up!

I will have to look into the logistics of TEMP return policy. I would like to try one. They have the adjustable options on the TEMP. A king size has individual sides you can adjust. I like that feature.

A sleep number is NOT for me or my DH. We stayed in a hotel that had them when we traveled for a funeral, the beds were miserable, although it could of been they had been used or abused in the hotel.

I do like the Hampton Inn mattress, probably because WE have slept on it for a few nights and loved it. I don't know. It is a big investment, a person spends a good amount of time in bed.

What I do know, it is time for a new bed. Height will be important.

micheleb View Drop Down

Quote micheleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:51pm
We do have the actual tempurpedic brand and it does have body impressions.  The 20 year warranty is PRORATED and the indentations have to be a certain depth.  We actually called the company about that warranty a  few years ago and were VERY disappointed.
sarcoidosis, neuropathy, fibro, tmj, migraines, costo, multiple muscle con strictures, adrenal exhaustion and repeated miscarriages. Prolonged QT, DVT's, two PE's
cah1418 View Drop Down

Quote cah1418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by hessalina

I bought a swedish foam bed (is that the same as Tempurpedic??) and love it. It is firm at first but your body warmth slowly makes it soft and cozy. The only problem I have with it is that body indentations have formed in the mattress over time (you cannot flip this mattress).

If you buy a tempurpedic bed and get the slightest indentations they will give you a new bed for up to 20 years same with sealy. Those are the ONLY foam bed I would buy. We also have another visco bed and it is not the same. Other company's just don't have the technology down like sealy and tempurpedic do. There are many grades and types of foam. (my hubby is an engineer and at his old job he made foam)

If you buy the more expensive tempurpedic they will not get as hot as the lower grade ones.
maimi View Drop Down

Quote maimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 12:58pm
Swedish foam is the same as tempurpedic , which is Visco Elastic foam.
Alot of companies use this foam for the toppers of their spring mattresses.
We have one from Simmons Beauty Rest and just love it.
The foam forms to your body as you sleep , it works with the heat of your
body.
I was told if you have a Tempurpedic you have to use a special mattress pad
or the bed will get real warm through the night.

hessalina View Drop Down

Quote hessalina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 12:20pm
I bought a swedish foam bed (is that the same as Tempurpedic??) and love it. It is firm at first but your body warmth slowly makes it soft and cozy. The only problem I have with it is that body indentations have formed in the mattress over time (you cannot flip this mattress).
micheleb View Drop Down

Quote micheleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 12:12pm
We bought the top of line tempurpedic bed about 7 years ago.  At first, I really liked it, that was before I got sick.  Just for the record, I don't have ra but they thought I did for several years, I have sarcoidosis.  I have a lot of the same symptoms as many of you and than some and the treatments are pretty close as well.

As I started to get sicker and sicker, I found the lowness of the bed to be problematic.  As my joints began to hurt more and more, I found it to be less comfortable as well. 

Just a couple of weeks ago, I went and had a sleep study done.  They had a top of the line pillow top mattress and it was like Heaven to my body.  I literally fell asleep in 6 minutes, even with all the wires and crap hooked up to me!!!  Since than I have begged my husband to let us by a new pillow top or sleep number bed but we just can't afford it.  I looked for a king size pillow top mattress pad and couldn't find any real soft ones.  I now have 2 down comforters and three soft blankets doubled up on top of my side of the bed under the sheet!  This is more comfortable than the tempurpedic bed itself!

I think for some people they are really good.  My sore joints most definitely does not like it either!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>